Our organization has a long-standing commitment to cleanliness and safety for both our employees and guests. That continues through the pandemic.
We have enhanced our processes and protocols by following guidelines from the CDC, WHO, local health authorities, and leading hotel industry best practices. Our goal is to provide you with the safest experience possible as we move forward.
We also have a generous refund policy in place to ensure that our guests feel comfortable scheduling their visit to the Barn and Retreat Center at Boyds Mills during these unprecedented times. Personal monies paid can be applied toward a future stay or refunded as needed. Contact us for information about our deposit and refund policies for groups.
Here is an overview of the work we’re doing:
We ask that you adhere to our guidelines for employee, guest, and personal safety. All rules will be strictly enforced.
- If you are experiencing a fever or any symptoms of illness, please refrain from visiting. We will happily reschedule or refund your stay.
- Masks are required while inside any of the public buildings at our center. Please bring your own mask. If for some reason you cannot, one will be provided for you.
- Social distancing is required while inside buildings for the health and safety of our guests and employees. Please maintain six feet of distance whenever possible between you and others.
We have suspended buffet service. It’s the same great food, just served differently. Meals will be pre-ordered and prepared specifically for you.
- For those who still wish to eat in our Barn dining room, you may do so in a socially distanced fashion at limited capacity. Our tables include plexiglass dividers for additional safety.
- For those who wish to eat alone, you can “grab and go” and eat in your cabin or one of our open air spaces.
- Designated entry and exit times for meal areas in the Barn will allow for proper cleaning and social distancing.
We’ll be cleaning with EPA “N” list approved chemicals, proven effective against viruses–including COVID. All bedding, coverings, shams, linens and towels will be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines. Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols are also in place for all high-touch, non-porous surfaces.
Our cabins are safely distanced for individuals, but please respect common spaces. Observe social distancing reminders throughout the property and buildings. Hand sanitizer stations are available at all entry points of our buildings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.