COVID Protocols at Our Retreat Center
Update: August 17, 2022
Masks are now optional at the Highlights Foundation Retreat Center. On February 25, 2022 the CDC provided updated guidance dropping the requirement of masking to optional in areas of low to medium risk.
Vaccination. We strongly recommend full vaccination of our staff and guests who are able. However, vaccination is not a requirement of staff or guests.
Dining. Meals are served buffet style.
We have multiple dining tables available in both indoor and outdoor spaces (in good weather.) Tables are spread out for social distancing, and we encourage you to limit the number of people at a table.
You are welcome to take a plate to your room or a private space. We can prepare “carry-out” meals for you to grab and go if you prefer that option. Just let us know.
Capacity and Physical Distancing. The indoor capacity in The Barn (our main dining and meeting space) is 100+. During this season on campus, our guest count on campus will be limited to one-third capacity. It is a large, open building with high ceilings; a ceiling fan on to circulate air; and the ability to open sliding glass doors and windows, weather permitting. Our heating and cooling system filters are changed monthly.
You will have your own private room, with a private bathroom unless you have otherwise made accommodations with us to room share.
Our campus is spread out, with plenty of outdoor opportunities for sitting, walking, and enjoying the natural beauty of our area.
Hand sanitizing stations are located at all public entrances.
Our reschedule/refund policy reflects our community values, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about it here. If you are no longer able to travel in person to our retreat center, we can provide you a full refund or offer an online option. Please be in contact with us via email at contact@HighlightsFoundation.org should either option be of interest or need.
If you’ve never been here before, it may be hard to understand and envision everything we’re talking about. To get a sense of what the campus looks like, you can watch this video for a glimpse of the grounds and setup. We’re also happy to answer any questions you have.
Health concerns come first. If you or a member of your household are experiencing a fever or any symptoms of illness, please refrain from visiting in-person. We will reschedule or refund your stay according to the above linked policy, or you can join us virtually if you can.
What to do if you (or someone in your group) tests positive for COVID during your time at the retreat center:
- If you test positive, please isolate in your private accommodation and call: 570-253-1192
- All one-to-one sessions should be rescheduled from in person to virtual and taken from your private room. We are glad to help you with this set up, if needed.
- Please mask anytime you are outside your private accommodations and remain socially distanced (at least 6 feet) from others on campus.
- Please request delivery for dining by calling: 570-253-1192.
- For the safety of all, please do not participate in any communal food and beverage activity. Our staff will be happy to get you food and beverage.
- If you wish to depart campus earlier than the close of your stay, and can do so safely, we will assist in any way possible. If a Highlights Foundation driver is needed to transport you, we may need to delay your departure for the safety of our staff.
While we understand this might limit your full experience, we want to be mindful of the health and safety of other conferees and staff. Masks and COVID testing are available on campus.
Thank you for working with us to create a caring environment for our community during these times.