If you’re on a deadline and looking for a space to focus, you’ve found it. If you need a change of pace to spark creativity and passion, it’s here. If you need a break from distractions to reflect or get some work done, we can help.
A personal retreat at the Barn and Retreat Center at Boyds Mills will give you the time and space you need to accomplish your goals, whatever they may be. Every accommodation option includes a personal workspace, and you’ll find various spaces around the grounds to get work done or take a nature walk if you need a change of pace or some inspiration.
They’re great for writers, business people, creatives, and anyone else who needs a focused yet relaxing retreat in a beautiful setting that’s still close to Northeastern US cities.
Looking for retreats and workshops with schedules, lectures, and feedback?
“Hard to put into words but the whole experience was magical. Being in a nurturing bubble, totally immersed in writing was amazing. No newspapers, no TV, no laundry to do or meals to cook, just writing.”All meals and food are included. You can choose to eat in a group setting if others are on the property, or you can take your meals back to your room.
You can also bring colleagues, friends, or family members (over 18 years old) to retreat with you. Some rooms can accommodate more than one person for sleeping, or we can work with you to situate your accommodations close together. Small groups can schedule a small group retreat, and groups of 10+ can schedule a large group retreat.
Personal Retreat Scheduling
3+ day personal retreats are available starting at $500 all inclusive.
- Please note your desired arrival/departure days in the comments when registering (or contact us to check availability). We will do our best to accommodate, and get back to you right away.
- Minimum stay is 3 nights at $575. A 7-night stay is available for $1,200. Inquire about pricing for other stay lengths.
- All personal retreat guests must be 18 or older.
- Check In: You may check into your lodging anytime after 3pm on the day of your arrival. If you arrive prior to 3pm, you may enjoy the grounds and various work and gathering places around the facility as your room is being prepared.
- Check Out: Lunch on the final day of your stay is included, but we ask that you check out of your lodging by 11am. You are welcome to leave your packed bags by the door of your room/cabin while you enjoy lunch and say your goodbyes. Housekeeping may enter your room during this period to begin cleaning and prepping for our next guests. Thank you for your consideration.
If’ you’d like details for a group of personal retreaters, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help.