If we’re being honest, most people who come to the Barn and Retreat Center and Boyds Mills aren’t looking for “things to do” per se. They usually have a pretty intense focus: they’re on a personal retreat to meet a deadline, with a small group to work or spend time together, or with a large group at a workshop, meeting, or special retreat.
But there is beauty all around our property. We’re tucked away in the scenic Upper Delaware River Valley, in the Pocono Mountains foothills. We’re surrounded by a 1,300-acre forest, situated just a stone’s throw from Calkins Creek.
Boyds Mills is just a short drive from Honesdale, PA, Narrowsburg, NY, Bethel, NY, and Calicoon, NY, and a couple of hours from both New York City and Philadelphia. Here you’ll find cabins nestled among the trees, a Lodge at the top of a small hill, and a beautifully restored modern Barn space at the center of it all.
There’s also plenty to experience locally within a short driving distance, including culinary and outdoor adventures.
Immerse Yourself in Nature to Enhance Your Retreat
- 2.5 miles of hiking trails on woodsy terrain over 1,300 acres
- Country roads for a leisurely walk or run
- Picnic tables on the main lawn and brookside
Games and Gathering Spaces
- Basketball court
- Cornhole and wiffle ball games
- Stone patio with fireplace
- Historic downtown Honesdale, PA (birthplace of the American railroad)
- Narrowsburg, NY (Rich in history and arts, along the Delaware River)
- Calicoon, NY
- Calkins Creamery and Beach Lake Bakery (minutes from the property)
- Irving Cliff Hiking
- Lake Wallenpaupack (boating and other lake activities)
- Lacawac Sanctuary
- Dorflinger-Sudan Wildlife Sanctuary and Glass Museum
- Prompton State Park
- Varden Conservation Area